The Office of University Events is responsible for the creative development, production and evaluation of special events that showcase the University of Missouri’s strengths and promote advocacy and support for MU.
What we do
- Manage events hosted by the chancellor and his/her spouse
- Collaborate with the Office of Development and Alumni Relations as well as other Mizzou units in the production of events
- Manage annual events including the Kemper Fellows Awards Ceremony, Faculty Recognition Awards Ceremony, MU Remembers, Holiday Open House, academic groundbreaking ceremonies and dedications, breakfasts, luncheons, receptions, dinners and football pre-game events
- Create guest lists for each event and manage databases for constituent groups
- Plan menus, including theme-based options
- Advise about internal and external resources, including event sites
- Design and distribute invitations, including print and electronic options
- Advocate and consult on business and social protocol for official university events.