Mizzou communicators show the world what it means to be a Tiger. We tell the stories of the people who pass through the columns at Tiger Walk, who flock to campus each year for Homecoming and who become part of the Mizzou legacy. We announce research breakthroughs and sports victories. We share student accomplishments and academic opportunities.
Writers and editors in the Division of University Affairs generate content for major periodicals, websites and marketing publications produced by Mizzou. We maintain the MU Style Guide, every Mizzou writer’s best friend, and we provide editing and consultation for colleagues.
What we do
- Feature articles for print periodicals (MIZZOU magazine, Mizzou Weekly, etc.)
- Feature articles for online periodicals (Mizzou News, @Mizzou, etc.)
- Copy creation for MU websites
- Print promotional materials
- Print and Web student recruitment materials
- Script writing for promotional videos and speeches
- Advertising copywriting
- Press releases
- Editorial planning and advice
- Publications review
The Department of Web Communication offers writing, editing, training and consulting for other university departments on a case-by-case basis.
The Department of Publications and Alumni Communication offers editorial services at no cost on a time-available basis to university departments, schools and colleges for publications related to student recruitment, fundraising and alumni communication.
Our experts also provide guidelines and tips regarding:
- MU Editorial Style Guide
- Writing for the Web
- Writing for social media
- Promotion and publicity
- General grammar and usage